Thursday, 1 December 2011
Reflection on learning from teaser trailers with links to own teaser trailer production
What I have realised from analysing the teaser trailers is that different types of cuts make a big difference to the tempo. In the first trailer I looked at, the cuts were fades between scenes which slowed down the tempo which showed the genre of the trailer as well. In the second trailer however was an action so the cuts were fast and straight which does show that the type of cut dictates the pace of the trailer. As my trailer is a drama I didn't want it to be slow it had to be fast to keep the audience interested and watching so we used straight cuts after that comparison. But as some cuts show a change in time we decided to use one of them to change scenes from the bedroom to the cafe whilst putting shots with words in between. I saw in one trailer that a fade between scenes with white writing on a black background looks better than straight cuts so we decided that we would put that in to give out key information about the trailer to keep the audience interested and give away some of the story line. Although we gave away some of the story line I found out by analysis that giving away less in the trailer is better because it will make people more curious of what happens in the film so they will go and see it. Overall i have decided to use mostly straight cuts to make it high tempo and then use the white writing to break up the scenes and slow the tempo down between different locations
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment