Thursday, 1 December 2011

Reflection on learning from film posters with links to own film poster

One thing that i have learnt from researching into film posters is that the picture is vital. In one of the posters I looked at the picture was boring and didn't portray what the film was about so i didn't think it was very effective. It didn't grab my attention as much as ones with a very action like shot or a shot of a very important part of the film. I chose to put a vital part of the film as the picture of my poster because i believe that it will grab the audiences attention and make them look at the poster and wonder which film this is from and what happens because of this scene. I also made the picture very big to make it eye catching and makes the audience focus on that picture only because I researched some which has so many small pictures it was hard to get to grips what the film was about or see which actors were in the film. As i learnt from the posters i looked at the background is also key which is why we decided to use words as our background to give off the feel that it is an electronic and computer based film. I got this idea when we saw a Sherlock Holmes one which has the London landscape as the background. I also decided to make ours unique we would have a border around the outside which we didn't see in any other poster. I decided to use the outline of an Ipad as my border because it is an electronic themed film which gives the audience a real feel to what the films about

No comments:

Post a Comment